Full-Time Zone Contract Manager
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Boart Longyear has been a leading provider of drilling products and services to the global minerals industry for over 120 years. As the industry’s only integrated drilling services and products provider, we combine 24-hour engineering excellence, global manufacturing facilities and the most experienced drilling services group in the business. We have a strong reputation as an employer of choice and are looking for capable professionals to grow their careers with us.
Based in Jakarta, the Zone Contracts Manager – Asia, is responsible for the development, negotiation, and administration of drilling services contracts in two zones in Asia: Indonesia and Indochina (Thailand, Laos, Vietnam & Cambodia). This role directly reports to the Commercial Manager – Asia Pacific.
This key role is responsible for maintaining contract and proposal files, handling contractual issues of a complex nature, monitoring program performance and maintaining compliance with contract terms and conditions.
- Review and analysis of tender documents and customer enquiries
- Prepare customer contract proposals / tender submissions
- Ensure all bid assumptions are fully documented and key contractual terms are addressed in bid pricing
- Review performance and results of contracts measuring variance from bid performance and initiate necessary corrective action as appropriate
- Co-ordinate regular contract meetings with customers, including preparation of presentations, performance reviews and pricing reviews
- Organize and lead (with operations staff) a pre-job meeting and a post-job close out meetings
- Maintain registers of contract issues ensuring appropriate tracking and closeout
- Ensure that operations personnel are familiar with key contractual items
- Work closely and collaboratively with the invoicing department to ensure the Company charges everything that is allowed under the contract
Education and Experience
- Experience with contract negotiation and contract management
- Relevant tertiary qualification or equivalent
- Sound business planning and effective time and priority management.
- Proficiency in relevant computer programs such a MS Office
- Minerals drilling background preferred
- Experience working in a multi-national corporation preferred
- Knowledge of drilling techniques, applications and experience in the resource drilling or other drilling techniques would be well regarded
How to Apply
If you are interested, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and put the subject “Zone Contracts Manager”. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
245 total views, 1 today